Friday, September 10, 2010

Thank god for fall....


Blue Mountain in Peekskill, N.Y.
One of my favorite places to ride and race. Fast and tons of flow would best describe these trails that were made by mountain bikers for mountain bikers. No hike a bike sections here, every one of the challenging technical sections has a way through (on the bike). You just have to find it.
After somewhat of a summer sabbatical, I'm racing on Sunday. And I can't wait. I'd never ridden a geared bike at Blue and quite frankly wasn't sure if it was the faster option. In the past the single had been quite good to me at this venue. The way Blue is set up it favors a single (very little flat) so last Sunday with the Bethel boys I head off for a preride.
Bottom line is; "It's scary effing fast on gears". That's a good thing, I think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment