Monday, November 1, 2010

~~62ATE~~


Six Two Eight.... Those three little numbers alone mean almost nothing but coupled with a punch card a bunch of bikes and two dozen of your closest friends they make for a great day. The underground event was put together in the diabolical minds of the Mayor and Sir Raveinator and was meant to be finished in under three hours. Three Hours? No way, try 55 minutes....Killers we are.
We don't need no stinking maps!!


When George asked me who I wanted to be teamed up with I jokingly replied C-dubs. The Mayor would never allow such a stacked team for sure? But he did, and we proceeded to kick some major ass. Learning from last years beer cross that the "chill approach" will only get you tackled by a drunken fool. C-Dubs and I devised a plan to pick up the five points as well as the bonus point in one big loop.

Apparently a guy from North Jersey coupled with a guy from New York City should have no chance against the local boys in the forest land known as Stewart, navigationally speaking that is. What they didn't count on is that in my many failed attempts to win the Dark Horse Forty I've actually acquired a massive trail knowledge of this area. I'm like a Tom Tom of the woods. Hell, If I say so myself I'd like to consider myself a bit of a explorer. I've sucked up trail locations like Google maps. It's fun to me, and the bike makes it super easy to cover massive ground in a relatively short time. Like Lewis and Clark. Only Lewis is me and Clark's wife won't let him come out and play anymore. You get the idea. Or maybe you don't, oh well.
We came, we saw, we kicked ass!!

The non-race was super competitive with Webb's team giving us a scare, as well as Walter's team providing some last minute pressure.
My teammate C-Dubs gets the major award for hanging in there way longer than he should have and rumor has it we will be training this winter together. Should be fun....

1 comment: