Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stay the course

Been doing a bit of endurance work of late. My lackluster performance at the Cohutta 100 had woken me from my slumber. I had dreams of doing only XC this year, but with all my teammates getting ready for the Bearscat 50 it seemed stupid to just do intervals and preride race courses. The epic rides are fun. So that's what I'm back to. Was one month enough to get ready for the Mohican 100? Maybe. Maybe not. Did I work hard enough? Who knows. The one thing I do know is that the Mohican 100 is most like home, Topo wise. Fast single track and short steeps are my specialty. I won the SS (4th overall) in 2010. Seems like a dozen seasons ago now. And I plan on winning this year too. Crazy to say? What do I have to lose?
I almost got back on the single for this one, until a friend snapped me out of it. "Why would you change everything up, just when it seems to be going so well?" He said... It's true, I seem to do that. So I'll stay the course and do my best to do what I have to do to get up front on Saturday. Will I stay there? That remains to be seen. Sometimes in order to win you have to risk losing.....Miserably

No comments:

Post a Comment