Friday, January 28, 2011

"Feets don't fail me now"

I awoke today with excitement. Yesterday I planed on riding the final piece of last years SSUSA course but my legs were total shit from the previous two days. A boring recovery ride was in order so when I awoke today and the soreness was gone I knew just what I was gonna do. La Milagrosa baby!

The infamous climb up Redington Road, still on the pavement at mile zero. I timed this climb today. It takes about 20 minutes to get to this point from moms and the watch read a hour seventeen at the top. Fun, fun, fun.
Just to make sure I gave the proper review the other day about the High Chiva section of the course, I rode it again. That's where I ran into this guy and a couple of his friends. The climb to Chiva still sucks...

The entrance to the best hour and a half you will ever have. If your thinking on bailing on this race after the first loop, DON'T. You will soon be greatly rewarded.



After riding for a few minutes on the Bellota trail, I got a flat. While trying to find something to stick in the hole to fill the void the Stan's wouldn't, I had caught the attention of some bees. One bee turned to a few, so me and my flat tire high tailed it down the trail a bit to get away from the bees and complete the repair. I would repeat this at least three times. Finally I gave up on the Stan's and put a tube in. As I was pumping up my tire the bees seemed to start to swarm. Run!!! Fifty yards later, I finally got air in the tire jumped on the bike and never looked back.
The entrance to Milagrosa ridge trail,


The following pictures are of the actual trail. It may appear I just took pics of some random rocks but rest assured there is a trail there. Just concentrate on staying on the bike. Try to ride this too fast and you will make mistakes. Mistakes are extremely costly here.As well as here...

The views on the Milagrosa ridge are amazing. Try not to be awestruck and keep you eyes on the ultra techy trail...


Remember, If you open it, close it...

No comments:

Post a Comment