Wednesday, January 5, 2011

T-Minus 7 weeks...


Seven weeks till race season for me. Sounds crazy, Right? It's only January I know, but I've been doing my prep work and things seem to be going well. Very well I must say. Without saying too much....
Right now it looks like I'll be leaving frosty New Jersey for the Grand Canyon state around the 24th of February. On the 26th I'll be opening the season at White Tanks mountain park in Waddell, Arizona (near Phoenix). The next weekend off gives me plenty of time to prep in the sun for the U.S. Cup race #1 at Bonelli park in San Dimas, California. I hope to be doing the whole triple crown thing with the XC on Saturday and the Short Track and Super D on Sunday. This being a UCI class 2 event I'm sure all the big boys will be there. Flying back from LAX should be an adventure with the U.S. cup site specifically stating that "LAX is 1 hour 15 minutes WITHOUT traffic". Did you notice the capital letters? If you know me and my love of driving at all you would guess right that I'm sure to have muttered "I could have driven to Jersey by now" sometime during this trip at least once. Getting back to Jersey will be a shock with the freezing cold still hanging around. But not to worry, Two weeks later I'll be at Michaux.....

2 comments: