Friday, March 16, 2012

Arizona trip wrap up...


Homesick would best describe this trip for me. Since I got here on the first, I've been missing my 'Jersey style' singletrack and my home life. Sure the desert is fun and it's nice to see the sun once in a while but there is no place like home. Ripping around the desert in 85* sounds great when there is snow on the ground at home but the conditions have been perfect in the Northeast and I'm green with envy.

My first Pro XCT at Bonelli Park in California was an amazing eye opening experience. My results were less than stellar but the racing was so hard and just great to be a part of. After being in a field with 70 of the fastest guys how could I go back to racing 5 to 10 at local stuff. I'm skipping MBAA race Foray at the Fort this weekend to go work on some stuff but mostly because there is only 3 racers preregistered. My next race will be at home next weekend, Walter's no frills short track #4. The Short Track series has been pulling some decent fields and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going to do my best to make it out to Ute Valley for Pro XCT #3 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to nationals this year. In order to prepare for this I need to race against bigger fields so I've decided to concentrate on the M.A.S.S. series. Both races at Fair Hill, Iron Hill, French Creek, Neshaminy, D&Q summer sizzler and Bear Creek are all on my schedule. Gonna do some roadie stuff to fill in the gaps. Oh!!! and a couple hundreds, just for training of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment