Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Walter's No Frills Short Track...

MTBNJ course design always has some air under your tires at some point. Without it, how would Luke get such good pics?
A nice Northeast day, a race close to home and a nice size open men's field was all I needed to make me want to be here. Unfortunately this was the last race in the series of 4, all held throughout the month of March. Not only the last, but the only one I was able to attend. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't green with envy watching all you guys racing while I was out West. But all is good. Hell, I was on vacation after all.

In my effort to focus on cross country this year, I've learned that being anaerobic for short periods of time is not necessarily a bad thing and once you get used to it can be quite 'fun'. I'm reconnecting with my middle distance past and enjoying the shit out of it. Sometimes just getting the perspective of another racer can change things radically for you. James and I spent a few days in the desert together and I hope he got as much out of it as I did. Thanks Bro! I owe ya one....ST#4 results

No comments:

Post a Comment