Saturday, August 8, 2009

I've been working on the railroad....


...It's so busy today...
Recently I took a longer assignment at work in order to pay for some recent purchases. Although It may be great for my fitness but getting off at one just doesn't pay the bills. So a overtime job came up for bid and I went for it. Surprise surprise its mine till October or if I get bumped whatever comes first. I'm now home at five on the bike till eightish, eat, in bed at ten, sleep till four thirty. Wash, rinse and repeat, Wash, rinse and repeat. Wash, rinse and repeat. Talk about the rat race. Shit, I'm so glad I don't do this year round cause I'd probably just shoot myself.

Enough of the negative. The other side of the coin is my workouts have been killer seems like when I'm short on time the intensity goes way up, (great for this time of year). Ive actually was able to get some very high quality rides this week and even some intervals. Intervals HURT so bad and I've been "stealing" a little extra rest at work when I can, sleeping almost every chance I get in the dingy recliners at the break room. (tried to get a pic but its too dark).

Ahhh the life of a railroader, It ain't glamorous but it pays the bills.....


One of my coworkers. He rides a unicycle and actually brought a skunk to work one morning as part of his backyard catch and release program, nice huh

No comments:

Post a Comment