Thursday, December 31, 2009

"The dog days of winter"


Winter riding has it's challenges, Make no bones about it. The short dark cold days can get to you if you let them. It's the men who can get through it that have a distinct advantage come spring. Winter riding is not for the faint of heart. I too, often have trouble sticking to "the plan". Like today for instance. Snow is falling, cold as shit and somehow I have to squeeze in a 2hr plus ride. Do I go to the woods? Yesterday the trails were sweet and clear of snow. Today may be different, and you run the risk of not getting any quality riding if the snow is too deep. Do I go on the road? So tired of riding the road. The trainer? I don't think so, save that for really crappy days.
The only thing that keeps me going is that I know I'll be on a plane to Arizona by the end of January. That's only four weeks away. SSUSA here I come....Ready or not.

2 comments:

  1. Now that my "rest" time is over I have all of these plans to ride. I don't know how it will pan out. We start logging on Monday and will go full bore every day with a chainsaw. Great training to keep in shape but hard to come home and want to ride. AZ will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rollers and old TDF dvds will do the trick

    ReplyDelete