Monday, June 1, 2009

Singlespeed-a-polooza

Our friends up at Dark Horse cycles in New York are putting on a single speed only race this weekend (may 31) at Stewart state forest near Newburgh N.Y.
This race is shaping up to be one heck of a challenge with the Pro/Expert class filling up with the best single geared guys in the northeast. http://www.bikereg.com/events/ConfList.asp?EventID=7378
I've decided on a 34x16 gear combo for this course. I ran this same gearing at Fair Hill in the spring with good results and I trained on it at Stewart as well as out in Arizona in Feburary. This might sound like a huge gear but I've previewed the course and I feel like I need to get a good start because the single track comes after almost a mile of road on a slight downhill and has the potential to cause huge gaps in what is setting up to be a huge field of riders.

We shall soon see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment