Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sometimes two wrongs do make a right...



....Last nights dinner (the 1lb bag)....



It's Thursday and I'm still cleaning mud out of my ears. After Sundays race I have not even looked at the 1x9 let alone set to the arduous task of dismantling and cleaning every crevice on the ill fated machine. The brake pads I pulled from the front wheel confirmed what I expected on my second lap when my brakes started making a horrific metallic screech whenever I pulled the lever. The front hub wont turn by hand and will be requiring a "servicing" and the rear wheel does spin but the disk brake is rubbing horribly and the lever goes right to the bars. Probably gonna need to do something about that.

I don't know why but it seems like I only choose to ride gears in the most dismal conditions, ie Hop Brook and the Gallop this year. The single would make much more sense. Easy to clean, no pulleys to gunk up. Just blast it off with the hose and go. The only thing I can think is sometimes you need to do everything wrong to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment