Monday, November 9, 2015

So much has changed, so much has stayed the same.

 

I've bailed off of Facebook. I found I was spending way too much time on nothing positive. Either getting jealous because someone is doing something I'm not or getting angry at someone I hardly know just wasn't working for me anymore. It's been a few months and I can honestly say, I hardly miss it. 

I am, however going to attempt to resurrect the old blog. Only this time it's not gonna be a race post only blog. I'm hoping to use it as a journal for my 2016 race season. Not the same old race reports but a journey into the struggles and sacrifice that it takes to be competitive at high level xc mtb racing after 40. 
As I write this I'm on day one of a whole thirty. As well as in the middle of some (somewhat) scientific testing on the single speed. 
My fitness is nowhere near race levels and my alcohol consumption and diet has been poor for a while now. I'm at 176lbs. That's about 9lbs over my race weight. Not only that but it takes a real effort to feel excited about going hard on the bike. My coach and I will start training in December and I'd like to be well into creating good habits by then. At the same time getting rid of the bad ones. 

In an attempt to do this I'll be doing a daily blog post. Mostly just to keep my thoughts in order. -M

No comments:

Post a Comment